- Alzheimer’s disease,
- multiple sclerosis.
This diet plan is primarily an anti-cancer diet, as its principles of nutrition and hygiene demonstrate broad health promoting properties. It is useful in treatment of vascular diseases, liver degreasing, dermatological diseases, age related diseases, disorders of digestive system and mycoses.
The main task of this diet plan is to provide the body with foods containing Omega-3 group fats, composite carbohydrates, fibre and antioxidants.
Dr Budwig’s diet is based on the consumption of flaxseed oil mixed with a low-fat quark in the paste form.
The recipe and preparation instructions:
- 5-6 tablespoons of oil,
- 250 grams of cottage cheese.
It is important to blend flaxseed oil thoroughly with a low-fat quark until it becomes homogenous, creamy textured paste. Blending shall not take less than 5min.
Paste may be prepared in many flavours (e.g. with garlic, paprika, turmeric, ginger, herbs, honey, nuts or fruit.)
For prophylactics, you may use 2 tablespoons, 2-4 teaspoons in case of mild disorders, and 6 tablespoons in serious cases. Paste shall be kept refrigerated. It is recommended to eat paste in the morning with cereal flakes, one tablespoon of freshly ground linseed and grated apple, or alone.
Basic principles of the diet plan
- crude flaxseed oil is the basic fat in the diet,
- it is not allowed to use refined or hydrogenated fats (oils, margarines, mayonnaises)
- for effective treatment one shall eliminate fried foods and high-fat dairy products and meat from his or her diet
- one shall eat only fresh products,
- meals shall not be prepared from artificially preserved products with chemical additives (sodium benzoate),
- walks in the open air and sun baths are recommended
Products recommended in the diet
- fresh fruit,
- wild marine fish,freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices (several hours shall pass between drinking the juice and eating the paste),
- fermented milk products from unpasteurised milk of organic animals (natural yogurt, kefir, buttermilk)
- cereals only in the form of wholemeal bread or crude flakes,
- fresh yeast (pour boiling water onto yeast before consumption),
- clean water – favourably filtered.
Water and juices shall be drunk between meals. Natural honey is the only acceptable sweetener.
Low-fat meat and poultry are allowed in the diet (obviously from organic animals), however, their consumption is dissuaded in case of serious diseases.
Products forbidden in the diet
- artificial sweeteners,
- juices processed from concentrates,
- synthetic vitamins,
- fats other than cold-pressed flaxseed oil.
Organic products shall be consumed in the diet. The above mentioned is very important for the proper functioning of the body. It is also crucial not to use highly processed products containing trans fats, colourants, preservatives, flavour enhancers and fillers. The purpose of the diet is to restore the balance in the body (homeostasis) already on the cell level. Following the diet will bring you health improvement and the joy of feeling good.