Plantago Psyllium Seeds, Ol'Vita 250g
Plantago Psyllium is an annual plant native to the western parts of the Mediterranean Sea, West Asia and North Africa. Seeds contain high volumes of fibre, proteins, sterols as well as aucubina.
Plantago psyllium is helpful in losing weight as fibre contained in its seeds swells under the influence of water and temperature.
Properties and use:
- demonstrates the ability to regulate glucose and insulin in blood,
- offers effective means to combat digestive problems, diarrhoea, constipation, ulcers and haemorrhoids,
- helps to regulate the intestines function,
- supports the treatment of psoriasis, rosacea and atopic dermatitis,
- lowers the level of cholesterol,
- alleviates pains in rheumatic diseases and arthritis,
- proves perfect as an expectorant and antitussive in case of bronchitis.
Plantago Psyllium may be used also in pregnancy as it helps to cope with frequent constipations occurring at that time. When you consume Plantago Psyllium seeds you shall drink more liquid, that is, at least 2 litres a day, as fibre needs more water in order to be effective. Plantago Psyllium seeds produce mucus in contact with water, the longer they are soaked, the more dense mucus becomes. Drinking such liquid is recommended to people who intend to keep proper body weight, as mucus offers the feeling of satiation. Plantago Psyllium may be used for thickening soups, sauces, baked goods, muesli, yoghurts, spreads, salads and raw salads. Recommended intake of seeds depends on the age: grown-ups up to 8 teaspoonfuls a day (may be divided into 3 portions), whereas children shall consume not more than 2 spoonfuls a day. Plantago Psyllium seeds shall not be eaten before bedtime.
Some of the information is obtained from generally available sources.